Net profit is the percentage of revenue remaining after all expenses have been deducted from sales. Understanding potential net profit for e-commerce sellers is not always so black and white as everything from shipping to customs taxes and be, at times, unpredictable. To build a solid eCommerce store on Amazon, eBay, Walmart, or other online marketplaces, planning should be a crucial element so you are not surprised by any fees or extra costs.
Sellers seeking to gauge an idea for their net profit should consider product demand, expenses, taxes, stocking fees and well, a myriad of associated fees. The Algopix dashboard provides sellers a summary of product data, allowing sellers to make more strategic business decisions, and can take just a matter of seconds to have these actionable insights delivered, including:
- High-Profit Opportunity: The market with the highest profit opportunity of the selected markets taking into consideration all related fees and costs. Included beneath the market is the recommended listing price.
- Product Demand Level: The demand level is determined by product interest on search engines and actual product sales across several markets.
- Expenses: Includes shipping costs, marketplace fees, PayPal fees, and taxes.
- Profit: The profit after all expenses including merchandise cost.
- Algopix’s Recommendation: Given all of the data collected, Algopix uses an advanced algorithm to produce a recommendation of whether or not this product is likely to be successful given the selected markets.
Through careful planning, you can see a net profit at the end of each quarter or year that will prove profitable and worthwhile for your eCommerce efforts.