If you are interested in selling on Amazon, you must first create an Amazon listing. This requires you to first sign up as an Amazon seller, and you have the choice of being either an individual seller or professional seller.
Individual sellers pay a $0.99 per product fee but no monthly fee. Professional sellers pay $39.99 per month, but do not have to pay the $0.99 per product fee. If you sell 40 or more products per month, it is suggested that you be a Professional seller.
Here’s how to create a listing on Amazon:
Set up your account: Input your bank account information and seller information, including full name, address, phone number, etc.
- Identity verification: Amazon will verify your identity by either calling you or sending you a text.
- Add your product listing: Once you are signed up, you will be taken to a seller dashboard. Hover over the ‘Inventory’ tab and click ‘Add a Product’. Click ‘Create a Product Listing’ and Amazon will help you find the category in which to sell your product.
- Add details: Add important information like the manufacturer, brand name, product name, and product identifier. Input the price, condition (new, like new, used, or poor), and pick your fulfillment method (FBA or FBM).
- Images: Add images to your listing.
- Description: Include a detailed description of your product.
- Keywords: Add keywords that might be relevant for your listing.
- More Details: This is where you can add more details like the material, volume, thickness, etc.
- Click Save and Finish when you are done.
Whether you are creating a new listing on Amazon or updating older ones, it is imperative that you consider associated fees and benefits. These small details can make a world of difference to your online success. By using an Amazon product research tool, you can quickly understand which products have the most potential to sell and where.