New countries mean new marketplaces with new customers and new market dynamics. While expanding your consumer base to international locales is a great business decision, it also takes considerable research into how to navigate the new regulations, taxes, and demands of a market like Amazon Japan.Here are a few tips to consider:
- Researching your destination is a good first step. Use a sales estimator to decide what Japanese customers want on Amazon and how much they’re willing to pay for it.
- Determine which products are viable in Japan. As an international seller, could you import something unique?
- Check what demand and competition exist for a specific product.
- Look for products that have high enough profit margins. If you are an international seller, you will likely pay higher shipping fees. Any products you sell will need to provide a reasonable margin of error.
- Understand any taxes, import fees, and government regulations that are specific to the Japanese market.
Please login or Register to submit your answer