New countries mean new marketplaces with new customers and new market dynamics. While expanding your consumer base to international locales is a great business decision, it also takes considerable research into how to navigate the new regulations, taxes, and demands of a market like Amazon Japan.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Researching your destination is a good first step. Use a sales estimator to decide what Japanese customers want on Amazon and how much they’re willing to pay for it.
- Determine which products are viable in Japan. As an international seller, could you import something unique?
- Check what demand and competition exist for a specific product.
- Look for products that have high enough profit margins. If you are an international seller, you will likely pay higher shipping fees. Any products you sell will need to provide a reasonable margin of error.
- Understand any taxes, import fees, and government regulations that are specific to the Japanese market.
There are always ample ways to profit off of new marketplaces. However, if you want to be a successful seller, you need to learn how to do effective product and market research. Algopix is an Amazon product research tool that provides you with actionable product insights.
Please login or Register to submit your answer