The goal of any Amazon seller is to increase their sales on the platform. Amazon’s popularity makes it an attractive sales channel for new and established sellers. However, that same trait is what makes Amazon difficult to compete on. Successful sellers understand how to identify profitable products that satisfy their main KPIs. If you want to be a successful seller, you need to understand what makes a product worth selling. These factors include:
- Understanding your competition. See what other sellers in your categories are doing. What keywords are they using in their descriptions? How are they approaching the advertising and presentation? Also, think about choosing product categories with less competition but high consumer demand in comparison.
- Making sure the price is right. Again, look at similar products on Amazon to see how much people are willing to pay for something. Factor in the price of shipping, tax, and other expenses to ensure the best combination of profits and sales.
- Catering to the Buy Box. On the right side of every product page, a box containing the Add to Cart button along with other information sits. This box is responsible for the vast majority of sales on Amazon. The metrics you should focus on to improve the attractiveness of your Buy Box include Fulfillment by Amazon availability, Amazon Prime, shipping time, and current price.
- Ask for reviews. Surveys have shown that online shoppers trust reviews more than recommendations from friends and family. Don’t write your own reviews since fake reviews are easily spotted. Instead, ask your customers directly to provide feedback. Even lukewarm reviews are better than having nothing to go on.
- Invest in Fulfillment by Amazon. Finally, FBA is Amazon’s service that stores and ships your items before they go out. The seller saves costs on warehousing while the customer enjoys the reliability of Amazon shipping.
Please login or Register to submit your answer