- This scarlet beauty, Royal Sweet Pea Scarlet or Lathyrus Odoratus, is a profuse bloomer. What a show for the garden! This annual climber is easily grown from Sweet Pea flower seeds, and it is suited for container gardening, hanging baskets, or as a climbing vine on a trellis or arbor.
- Royal Sweet peas grow as a 72 - 84 inch annual across the country in USDA zones 3 - 9.
- Sweet Pea flower seed can be directly sown outdoors in a sunny location. Place Sweet Pea in a sunny location but also where it can be cool in the heat of the day if at all possible.
- They actually bloom better when the temperatures are cooler. Position Sweet Pea away from winds and change locations each year to prevent Sweet Pea pests.
- Sow 1 - 2 seeds per plant to begin growing these climbing vines today.