A conversion rate is the percentage of visitors on your site that complete a specific goal that has previously been set. For example, a target can be a customer successfully purchasing a product from your site, or a target can merely be to have potential customers sign up for your newsletter.
Conversion rates are calculated by taking the number of conversions and dividing them by the name of total ad clicks that can be tacked to a conversion during the same period (7 days, one month, one year, and so on). Let’s look at this in specifics. If you set a goal for customers to move products into a shopping cart had 50 conversions from 1,000 clicks, your conversion rate would be 5%, since 50 ÷ 1,000 = 5%.
There are steps that every e-commerce seller can take to improve their eBay store conversion rate or Amazon seller conversion rate and to optimize your listings. If you’re looking how to increase your conversion rate on eBay or Amazon, keep the following tips in mind:
- Organize: Your landing page or site may be too difficult to navigate. Make sure your website is user-friendly and add relevant keywords to increase customer engagement. Consider adding a video to your landing page to help visitors navigate your site.
- Improve Your Offer: Make your offer irresistible to customers. Add a new tool to your site, lower the price, or include some other sort of promotion. The better the deal, the more likely customers will be motivated to sign up or buy.
- Image Quality: Only use high-quality images on your site. This helps your site and your products look attractive, credible, and professional.
- Visuals: Use high contrast color and keep essential page elements prominent on the web page.
- A/B Test: Run an A/B test to get feedback about your site. E-commerce sellers should be vigilant in defining their audiences and experimenting with tactical and strategic methods of procuring sales.