Everyone wants to find the next best niche product. However, finding that niche product isn’t easy, and it’s not uncommon to spend long days sifting through product lists. Most of the time, you won’t even find anything at all: All those hours you put into searching will lead you nowhere.
So, what should you really be looking for?
Honestly? Finding the right niche products to sell on Amazon, eBay, and Shopify starts with a Shopify product research tool. With so much data to comb through, you don’t have time to go through it manually.
A Shopify research tool helps you make sense of all of the data you are looking at. However, it’s a little more complicated than that. You see, data itself is great, but you need to know what to do with it.
If you want to become a successful Shopify seller, you’ll want to understand what to look for, so you too can sell products that are winners and ones that will grow your brand.
The Qualities of a Good Shopify Product Research Tool
Shopify product research is a lot like Amazon product research. After all, most Shopify sellers have their products listed on Amazon and other sales channels.
When starting out, it’s important to understand what makes a product worthwhile. It may seem like a no-brainer to source products with a high selling price, but this isn’t the case. These types of products rarely have high margins, and customer returns and damaged products can eat away at your margins.
So, what does a good niche product in 2020 looks like?
We’ve worked closely with sellers who use Algopix for their Amazon and Shopify product research. Here are a few things we discovered:
- Accessory niches are great: Accessories are cheap to produce, easy to source and have decent margins.
- They solve a problem: Don’t source products because they’re cool, or look interesting. Any product you sell should solve a real problem that your customers are facing. Just look at phone cases and smartphones: Consumers were tired of scratched phones and cracked screens.
- They sell between $100 and $200: You may be thinking, why this price range? Products in this price range are attractive for both buyers and sellers. The price is low enough to attract sales through a well-designed website. Larger products often require additional validation and nurturing before a customer will make a purchase. While possible, that extra level of customer service is an added cost that you’ll need to account for.
- The product must be unavailable locally: Most consumers will check Amazon or local stores for a product they need. A niche product shouldn’t be available locally.
- It needs to be durable: Durable products are far less likely to be returned, or break during shipping. Returns and damaged products eat away at your margins.
- Consumable and disposable products are best: This category is the easiest way to generate repeat business because your customers will need to reorder more of your products.
Of course, you should also use a product research tool like Algopix to help you validate that you can compete against your competition, that there is enough demand, and that the profit you’ll make outweighs marketplace fees and other costs.
Can You Sell Amazon Products on Shopify?
Many sellers leverage the large audience that exists on Amazon to boost their Shopify store. It’s difficult enough trying to find the top products to sell on Shopify as it is.
There’s nothing wrong with creating your Shopify website, and listing your products on Amazon. But no matter what you do, you have to build brand awareness. That means, for every sale you make on Amazon, you need to generate positive reviews and work to get your customers hooked on your brand.
If you can do that, you’ll see your website traffic increase and your brand will become established in your product niche.
Here’s What Successful Shopify Sellers Are Already Doing
Selling online is an art form. There are a lot of factors that you need to master if you want to be successful.
But there’s one thing most sellers are already doing.
They are using product research tools like Algopix to validate products from the get-go. After all, no one wants to waste their time researching and sourcing a product that won’t sell.
If you want to increase your sales and sell with confidence, give Algopix a try. It’s free to get started, and it will save you time and money when it comes to product research and sourcing.
Updated April 2020