Ecommerce sellers know all too well how challenging and expensive the logistics process can be. After all, expensive, slow, or unreliable shipping is a significant obstacle that’s cutting down on your business’s bottom line.
This is exactly why the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program has become the industry standard for shipping. Customers today expect a seamless shipping experience. And thanks to Amazon’s 1-day and 2-day shipping, who can blame them?
But what can you do with your off-Amazon orders? Wouldn’t it be nice to have the legendary performance and reputation of FBA at your fingertips—no matter where you’re selling?
That’s the idea behind Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) program, and exactly why Algopix has decided to work with Amazon to provide full MCF insights directly within the Algopix dashboard.
We know shipping is a real challenge, but with full access to the MCF program, it doesn’t have to be.
Why Should You Fulfill Through Amazon MCF?
We at Algopix have always focused on improving the experience of eCommerce businesses and customers. Fulfilling through Amazon provides a massive benefit to online stores, giving them access to Amazon’s world-class logistics network.
So, what are the key benefits of the MCF program?
- Sell on any channel: Amazon’s MCF program is available for any channel you sell on, whether it’s your website, or any other sales channel.
- Access the best fulfillment network: Much like Amazon Prime products, the orders you ship with MCF arrives quickly and securely, with 1-day, 2-day, and standard shipping available.
- Simplify your operations: By outsourcing fulfillment, shipping, and logistics to Amazon, you lighten the administrative workload of your own company. Your teams only have to work with a single source for all your pick, pack, and shipping needs.
- Flexible, on-demand scale: Your fulfillment needs will change over time, whether your store grows or experiences seasonal demand. With MCF, you gain access to scalable logistics, so you can focus on growing your business.
- Integration-friendly from day one: Connecting to other eCommerce channels is easy thanks to the MCF API plugin. Integrate seamlessly with applications like Shopify, WooCommerce, 3dcart, and Magento.
- Competitive, transparent pricing: MCF offers competitive and consistent pricing structures. You only pay a single fee whenever you ship an order, making budgeting much easier.
- Best-in-class software: Take advantage of multi-channel listing software that’s compatible with popular software like Channel Advisor, Orderhive, Shipstation, Sellbrite, and more.
What’s the takeaway here? It’s the “multi-channel” aspect. Amazon MCF lets you benefit from the same quality experience offered through FBA without limiting yourself to one channel.
Sell anywhere you want, any way you want—and leave the logistics to Amazon.
How Does Amazon MCF Work?
Multi-channel fulfillment is a streamlined way to handle all your shipping and logistics needs.
Here’s a quick overview of MCF’s 4-step process:
- You ship product inventory to an Amazon fulfillment center. If you already use FBA you can use the same inventory for MCF (for multi channel sales) or send more inventory if needed. If you are not on FBA, then you will need to send inventory to MCF. You may use your own transportation or opt for Amazon’s own discounted carriers.
- The customer places an order through any sales channel, whether it’s through the client’s website or another marketplace entirely.
- Upload the order to Amazon MCF or integrate with MCF to automate the process completely. If you choose to upload the orders, you can create an order with quick order creation or bulk order creation.
- Amazon handles all of the fulfillment activities according to the speed of shipping selected (1-day, 2-day, or standard).
Have questions about how it works or need help setting up your business with MCF? contact MCF for assistance.
What about shipping costs? The cost of shipping depends on factors like the size and weight of the package and the requested speed of shipping. Either way, you will receive a better price and experience over using any other fulfillment service.
How Does MCF Work Within Algopix?
Algopix has already become the go-to market and product research platform. Sellers rely on our platform to gain deep, data-driven insights into products across multiple marketplaces.
Now, with integrated Amazon MCF insights, our users can enjoy even more comprehensive market research than ever before.
So—in addition to essential metrics like price, competitor and demand analysis, estimated expenses, and more—Algopix users can also calculate MCF shipping costs.
Your customers will appreciate the faster shipping rates. And with the ability to offer tiered shipping, you can give your customers more control over the shipping process.
Discover Data-Driven Product Insights With Algopix
Simplify your approach to market, product, and competitor research. Algopix provides all the data and insights you need to make informed decisions when it comes to your ecommerce business.
And with our latest collaboration with Amazon, you can now access the world’s best logistics network price list within our search tool, regardless of what channel you sell on.
Are you interested in learning more about the deep insights you can unlock with Algopix? Sign up today to start your free trial.